I love a good movie. Last night I saw Skyfall, the new James Bond movie. I liked it a lot. So, today for yesterday, I am grateful for good movies. Here are a few of my favorites. These are movies that I could and have watched over and over again.
- Wall-E – I love that the creators of this movie could give so much character and life to a robot that didn’t say anything for the first twenty or so minutes of the movie. Also, I love the love story between the awkward, clunky Wall-E and the beautiful and sophisticated EVE.
- Up – Adventure is out there! First of all the montage at the beginning of the movie is amazing. Also, the story is great and Russell reminds me of me.
- The King’s Speech – An inspiring and uplifting story of friendship and overcoming obstacles and a fantastic performance from the cast.
- A Knight’s Tale – Anyone can change their stars. We all of the potential to be great. And it’s a fun movie with a fun cast. I saw this movie probably ten times in the dollar theater as a teenager.
- Amazing Grace – Another inspiring and uplifting story of doing what’s right even when it isn’t popular or easy.
- The Muppets – Who doesn’t love the cheesy everything of a great Muppet movie?
- Midnight in Paris – Never thought I would count a movie starring Owen Wilson in my favorites, but it is a great movie. Helps me realize the good I have and not yearn for what I don’t.
Since Christmas is coming, here a my favorite movies to watch for the holidays.
- The Muppet Christmas Carol
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- Miracle on 34th Street (the original)
There are lots of other movies I enjoy and that I’m looking forward to seeing soon. What are your favorite movies?