I am grateful for a good job and for the many good jobs I’ve been blessed with over the past several years. My employment has taken me around the world, helped me meet and work with amazing people, and gain so many professional and life experiences that I can’t enumerate them.
Don’t get me wrong. I haven’t always had a good job. In fact, after graduating from college I spent about a year unemployed while searching, applying and interviewing for several jobs. That year of unemployment is what sent me to China. So, even that time without a good job led to another great experience.
Now I’m so lucky to have a fantastic job with great people. I don’t have to sit in an office all day and have a bit of independence in what I do. I’m trusted to do my job and get things done, and my hours are great. It isn’t perfect and I get a little stressed sometimes, but for my first real career job, it is great.
Here are a couple other good jobs I’m grateful I had (in chronological order):
- Tour guide and Handcart Trek Trail Boss at This is the Place Heritage Park (2005-2008)
- Production Assistant for The Forgotten Carols (2005-2006)
- Runner at Callister, Nebeker and McCullough (2006)
- Stage Manager for the BYU Young Ambassadors (2007-2010)
- Intern at Novell (2008)
- Intern at the New York City office of LDS Public Affairs (2009)
- Foreign Teacher at Anhui University (2011-2012)
- The Marshall | LeKAE Gallery of Fine Art (current)
So, today I’m grateful for a few good jobs.